Fall Vortex

Fall comes late in our part of Texas and our silver maple tree is in full color regalia. Instead of the usual leaf image I decided to play around with some ICM. I rotated the camera with the tripod collar on my 70-400 and used a 10 stop ND to give me the long SS. I liked that every image was different and the effect varied according to how long I would wait to start the rotation. Perhaps not everyone’s cup of tea but here it is for your consideration. All comments welcome. >=))>

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Sony A77II
Sony 70-400G-II @ 330mm
ISO 200, 30 secs @ f22, 10 stop ND filter

1 Like

Love the colors and the abstract feel of this image Bill. It is fun play, at least for me, to experiment with ICM and I’d agree every image has a different feel. Nicely done.

ICMs are often hits or misses. This one is a hit! Love the colors and the circular blur. Looking from a distance, looks almost like a distant nebula.

Bill what a beautifull image, the ICM worked beautifully. You kind of created a new kind of flower, and very appealing one. The leafs that can be recognized on the image give a detailed “layer” of information for the eyes to wonder in the image,

The only thing i would remove is that small speck on the lower center part (maybe sensor dust because it seam still even with ICM).

Very well captured.
Cheers

My initial response was another interesting under ice photo but I couldn’t quite get the center part. Then I read your explanation (I usually read those first but just assumed it was an ice photo). Very nice idea and well done.