Fan Wave

What technical feedback would you like if any? I am open to any feedback.

What artistic feedback would you like if any? I am open to any feedback.

Any pertinent technical details: I enjoy shooting waves any time that I can. I have spent a lot of time shooting along the Na Pali Coast on the island of Kauai. This is where this image was captured. I used a Nikon D4, f9, 1/800th sec. @ 400mm.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

Beautiful! Great color and wonderful background. Timed it perfectly.

1 Like

What can I say? This is as good as it gets with the light glowing through the wave as its power and grace mirror the perfectly exposed misty land forms behind it. Enough to stir the ticker of every surfer and beach lover alike. Even the foreground works, the leading line of smaller waves, chop and spray leading up into the wave in perfect harmony. Wow.

1 Like

Beautiful image. Great timing on the shutter, great light and scene. Really sweet.

1 Like

Thank you! I love this spot! Great action, sometimes.

Mahalo Hank,

Occasionally everything comes together. I love shooting waves because its never the same twice.

Mahalo Hank. It was a good day shooting from my favorite rock.

Amazing! I guess the wave was backlit to get that appearance.

1 Like

James,

Fantastic capture! Great action, amazing timing and I love the translucence and color inside the wave. Very cool!

I’m a little confused though. It looks like technical and artistic feedback statements are from the Critique gallery, yet this is posted in the Non-critique gallery. Usually there’s language included that says we’re not to critique images posted here.

It sounds like you would like some critique, so this would be best posted in the Landscape Critique gallery. You can modify yourself if you want by editing the post and changing the category. Otherwise it’s fine to leave here, but not going to get any constructive feedback.

Thanks for sharing, an amazing image.

Lon

1 Like

Lon, Nice pickup. I assumed it could be critiqued since there was no no critique language.

1 Like

Jim, it doesn’t get much better than this, spectacular capture of the wave action here.

1 Like

Thanks Lon, I started to post and realized it was in the critique area so I reloaded the image and posted in the gallery, but some reason the critique questions stayed. I must have messed up somewhere. I have only posted a few times here and its been several months since I have so I was trying to figure it all out again. Thanks for your feedback.

James, thanks for sharing this one! Very dynamic and beautifully presented! This is really a special scene!

1 Like

Perfect shot. Looks fabulous!

1 Like

Looks like it’s made of glass; very beautiful!

2 Likes

Thank you very much. Sometimes that location will give you the glassy look. Sorry for the delay in responding, I just have not been on this site :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you very much.

Thank you

Thank you. This is one of my favorite places to shoot on Kauai.