Feeder Frenzy

Here’s a moment at my backyard nyjer feeder involving some feeding lesser goldfinches and a few dark-eyed juncos. Kind’ve a study in yellow with the feeder, birds, and background.

Type of Critique Requested

• Aesthetic: Feedback on the overall visual appeal of the image, including its color, lighting, cropping, and composition.
  • Conceptual: Feedback on the message and story conveyed by the image.
  • Technical: Feedback on the technical aspects of the image, such as exposure, color, focus and reproduction of colors and details, post-processing, and print quality.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

I find all of the action, and the yellows appealing and the incidental complimentary background colors appealing. Yeah?

Technical Details

Z9, Nikon 200-500 lens, monopod, 1/1600th, f 8.0, 510mm, ISO 1400, cropped to 1238 x 1392, Photo AI

Wow, love all the goldfinches there. This is very cool. It might be an illusion but the feeder looks a little off kilter…I have checked it.

To me the message is that so many species can congregate when there’s a food source. I also think the background works nicely too.

I hope you don’t mind, but I am going to move this to the and Fauna category since the feeder is clearly human made.

It is a wonderfully colorful, cheerful image, Dave.

Cheers,
David

Oops. I forgot to stick it in the Human/Fauna category. Thanks.

A fun shot, Dave. Interesting that you get Juncos at a thistle feeder. We never get them coming to ours.