Feeding Time for the Bluebirds

The Bluebirds have started bringing their fledglings in to the mealworm bowl at feeding time. Today, all four of them were there at once. This image is from two days ago, when only one of them had the courage to actually come to the bowl while the rest waited in the wings for mom and dad to make the deliveries.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Anything. The branch I have lying on the ground as a perch ended up intersecting the head of the juvenile, so I cloned out the whole thing.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Anything.

Any pertinent technical details:

7DII, Sigma 150-600 C @ 435 mm, hand held lying on the ground, f/8, 1/400, iso 3200 (I still needed to bring exposure up nearly 2 stops in Lightroom), manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. Straightened and cropped to 12.7 MP. Noise reduction using NeatImage. Taken June 1sdt at 5:31 am under foggy conditions.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

We don’t see bluebirds, Dennis, so this is especially nice for me. I don’t see how you could have caught this better - perfect view of the feeding and the dof just right.