Feeding Time

I was taking a photo through the window of this baby Mockingbird taking a bath, when the action changed in a moment, mother had arrived with lunch. I wished their eyes were open, but I guess this is typical behavior while feeding.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any thing you can suggest.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Composition look okay? Background?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Shot with Canon 5D Mark III, Canon 300 mm f2.8 L lens with 2X teleconverter, through the window, on a Gitzo tripod with gimbal head at manual mode set to f9, 1/800, and ISO 640 (auto).

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Perfect timing on this shot. Nice detail (an entomologist could probably ID the bug). Background seems fine.

Thank you, Allen. I am pretty sure it was some type of grasshopper. It got away for just a moment, but the mother hopped down quickly and recovered it.

Hi Shirley,
the details look good here especially considering this has been shot through a window. I love shots showing interaction like this - you captured a great moment. The natural prey adds a nice touch.

1 Like