Female American Goldfinch

I was out Wednesday evening taking Goldfinch pictures at a couple of backyard locations and a number of the birds perched on this old fence post that I have near our backyard pond and stream. The Goldfinches (and other birds) are fond of bathing in the stream area. The pose of this lady appealed to me.

Specific Feedback Requested

Does this composition work for you?

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
A7Riv, FE200-600 + 1.4 TC @ 840 mm, tripod with gimbal head, f/9, 1/1600, iso 1000, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. Cropped to 6696x4496. A fair amount to cleanup on this popular perch. Taken May 12th at 7:16 PM.

3 Likes

Really nice pose, Dennis and the perch is magnificent. Details in the bird are good, and the background is excellent. Another terrific shot.

Gorgeous bird, Dennis. and the perch as @terryb has said is “magnificent.” Very nicely seen and captured.

Hi Dennis love the pose! It’s so cute! And the background green color is such a beautiful contrast with the yellow. Really beautiful photo!

HI Dennis
The framing on the Goldfinch is text book. (everything leads your eye to the Goldfinch). By the way the bird does steal the photograph. Nice work.
Peter

The light in this image is wonderful. Excellent perch and detail. I really like the pose and the head turn. And to top it off you got a superb background. No nits here.

Gorgeous in all respects! I think an alternative would be to crop in from the left about 1/3 of the width, but I always seem to have a large-in-the-frame bias.