First Avian Close-up in 1 year

And I posted the last one! Birds are critters too.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: iso 12800, 100-400 plus 1.4X, f8, 4000th, handheld, full frame

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

David, this is a really nice closeup of this duck. Love the translucent feathers. Wonderful details. I am not totally sure if this would fit better here in macro or in the avian category.

Many items are potentially cross categories.

This is a closeup. If you can post flowers in the close up gallery, why not birds?

Bugs fit into the wildlife category as do birds.

Okay, I just wasn’t sure, sometimes people are in the wrong category when they submit, so that is why I mentioned it.

David: Amazing detail and color in this guy. I also like the water action and catch light. Beautiful subject superbly captured.>=))>

David, the details are outstanding (especially for iso 12800). Getting the ripples reasonably sharp adds nicely to the view.

Bill, a really nice “head and shoulders” portrait of the duck. Great detail, sharp eyes, and the little waves indicate action, so he’s not static in the water. Personally, I think it belongs here; a shot showing the complete bird would be best suited for the avian category…just saying!

A fine close-up of this mallard. The green is nicely captured. Well done…Jim