First Herald

Fall comes late and Spring comes early to our part of the world. It was just a couple weeks ago that I shot fading leaves on our Florida Maple tree and now it is loaded with these bud sprigs. I love the life cycle of this tree and liked how the late afternoon low sun was backlighting the bud. The BG is the trunk of the tree. I did put a fairly strong vignette to darken the corners. All comments welcome. >=))>

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Sony A77II
Minolta 200mm macro
ISO 400, 1/15 @ f16

Wow, only two weeks from falling leaves until you get the buds of spring! That must be great, Bill. I like this one with the back lighting. It does remind me of one of my bad hair days thought! :upside_down_face:

Beautiful detail on this Maple tree, Bill. The OOF background, along with the backlighting, make the bud sprigs pop. But must admit, as @Shirley_Freeman said, does remind me of a very bad hair day. Nicely done.

Bill, this is a great look at these maple buds. Your dof works very well and the vignette is no apparent because there’s so much darkness in the background around the edges.