First impressions of NPN

I have been on this site for about a month, and would like to say what a pleasant surprise it has been to find a network/forum that only covers the two areas of photography that interest me, and that appears to be completely free of the self-appointed gurus and tedious pundits (and their sycophantic followers) that spoil most forums. All the comments I have read here, including the ones on my own posts, have been professional, constructive and thoughtful. It feels like finding a home.
As far as I can see, there are no individual galleries, here. I can find no way to view a particular photographer’s work, short of following a link to their website. Am I correct? Some of the workings of this site are a bit opaque for a new comer: it took a sustained effort to find how to make my first payment!
Thanks for the welcome, and, even more, for the inspirational images on display.
Michael

3 Likes

I’m really glad to hear you are enjoying the site Michael, we continue to find ways to improve it all the time!

We do not have galleries, it may be a possibility someday but is not the focus currently. You can visit a users profile, go to their activity and go to all topics. It’s not perfect as you do not get a preview of the image. The focus for the time being is on image critiques and community.

I would be curious to hear more about the troubles you had in paying, you should have received an email with a link to upgrade, I would definitely like to know if you didn’t receive that or if there was some other confusing bottleneck. Thank you for the feedback!

I did not receive an upgrade email.

On your site tips it says you can ‘mute’ sections through a button next to the ‘post new image’ icon. There is no button on my screen. Is this a problem with iOS? I am using an iPad Air 2.

Otherwise, all is good!

Michael

Intrinsicate@mac.com
www.intrinsic8.com

I have identified the reason you didn’t get the email and it has been resolved, thank you for letting me know!

The button to mute a category is still there, the new topic button has moved, hence the confusion. I will get that updated. The red arrow in the image below shows where you can find this:

1 Like

Just curious, Mike - what 2 areas are those?

Sandy

Sandy, I was referring to wildlife and landscapes.

Thanks, Mike - I was just wondering how newer people see the site - because we actually focus on 6 separate area of Nature photography here -
Landscape, Wildlife, Flora, Avian, Macro, Man and Nature - and then Non-nature and the Weekly challenge.
Sandy

1 Like