Fisherman and Peregrine

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I was certainly not thinking of Human and Fauna when I took this shot last summer but when I got home and saw it on the computer I thought it would be a humorous fit in the category. The Peregrine falcons were in the middle of a food exchange in mid air as they typically do when the juvis are just learning to fly and the area where this is shot is right along a cliff face looking down over the ocean in Southern California.
The fisherman were out looking for a catch of the day and so was the juvi who grabbed this half eaten pigeon from Dad.

Technical Details

Z9, 100-400mm @ 400mm, ISO 320, 1/1600th, f/5.6, Hand Held, Manual Mode

This is just cool, David. Even though both Peregrines are facing away, it works just fine. The way out of focus boat in the background actually adds to the image to show how these birds have adapted to a human made world.

Wow! This is amazing! Well captured and presented! Nothing else to say but congratulations on a wonderful photo!

Thank you for your comments @Dennis_Plank , and @Robena.Sirett. I very much appreciate you taking the time to have a look a provide a comment. Thanks again.

Excellent action shot with great detail. I wonder if the fishermen were aware of the action overhead?

It makes you wonder. I doubt it though. Thanks for having a look, Allen.