Flakey

Sony A77
Sony 70-400G @ 160mm
ISO 200, 1/60 @ f8
Shore Acres SP, Oregon

Besides the incredible wave action at Shore Acres there were a number of places on the cliff faces that offered some interesting abstract possibilities. I liked the textures in the surrounding rocks and the color of what seems to be freshly exposed sandstone. All comments welcome.>=))>

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Bill, maybe I am biased but after following what’s happening with the Notre Dame in Paris, the first thing that comes to mind when I see this image is “marble pillar”. Without reading your descriptions, my mind goes to the pillars of the wonderful Cathedral and my heart is heavy because that the landmark will never be the same again. This is a very moving image with the crack that reveals the “gold” underneath all the whites. Thanks for sharing this. I enjoy it tremendously.

Bill, this is a really nice and fascinating abstract. Great shapes, textures and colors that come together quite nicely.

Bill, this is best viewed large. There the contrast between the whitish layers and the gold underneath really pops plus the details show well. For me, there’s a sense of seeing hot lava through the overlaying layer. Well seen.

Excellent abstract. The textures, lines, and shapes along with the hematite (iron) stain create a natural and pleasing comp.

Legs apart, this reminds me of the animals in the prehistoric cave paintings, Bill ! What a marvellous effect, beautifully caught in your image.

Bill, this is a wonderful study in the abstracts that nature can provide to us if we take the time to look. Everything in this intimate landscape is very engaging from the colors to the textures and details. Great eye to spot this beauty.

An excellent abstract, Bill. My eye just keeps finding new things to pull out of this image. Very well done.