Flower Dye

My full frame camera came back from being repaired so I wanted to use the Lens Baby 56mm on a few subjects. This kind of photography is still new to me. This one I saw the red that looks like a dye spill from the red in the center so I wanted only a few of the petals on the edge focused. Focus was set on the red with the yellow

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything that cane help me like tips and such

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 6D2 56mm velvet. (f/1.6) I set me camera on 2 sec delay with mirror set on to reduce any vibrations. ISO 400 1/200 sec I think F/4. (I need to get a log book)

Dean, I like how the red bleeds into the yellow on this flower too. The selective focus is a nice idea to call attention to the bleed. I find the purples in the center of the flower a bit distracting. Was that noticeable to the eye? Or is that a color issue in the photo? I think maybe a bit more in focus of the area, since you are including all the flower, would seem better to me. You still have done far better than I ever did with the Lensbaby. I am sure you are going to master it and have some really nice images in the future. Yeah, the camera doesn’t recognize the f-stop that you are using, as I recall, so maybe taking notes so you can learn what works best in a situation would help the learning curve. I am looking forward to more of your shots with it.

I need to go back about the color. I have a new spider color monitor because I have 2 monitors and somethings I get the color mixed up some how. It would help if I had more flowers but in winter they are rare. I have been shooting full range in f-stop on this lens until I get better at it.

1 Like

Dean, the emphasis on the single petal that points toward the llc works well with lots of color in the distance. The purple bits look like sky reflections that turn from blue to purple as saturation gets pushed.