Fly on a Flower

Photo was taken earlier in April after I had potted a few flowers and stepped outside to try my M5 c/w matching macro lens. Photo is about 75% of a full frame vertical .
M-5, 28mm macro, f/4, 1/500, ISO 400

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

David, this is a nice shot of this tiny fly on the flower pedals. I like the selective focus used here. The oof pedals in the BG supports the rest of the image nicely, with just enough near the fly in focus that one knows what the oof in the BG is. I would be tempted though to lose some of the top maybe. He has his eye on you. Nice shot.

What an eye-catcher! I love the orange colors and the softness of the background surrounding this little guy. My imagination tells me the bee just scaled a huge mountain…there seems to be the illusion of scale here. Cool!

The fly stands out well from the very colorful surroundings. I like the sharp petal edges in the lower corner. The fly’s head is not quite in focus, which has me wondering how a version with a smaller aperture would look.

A fine attempt at a very challenging quarry. A smaller aperture will help you get the fly sharper for the next opportunity. Well done…Jim

Wonderful photo David. When I zoomed way in, it looked like to me his is sticking his tongue out at you! Great capture.