Foggy Sunrise Through The Pines

Any feedback is fine.

This is a single shot (JPG at that, taken before I knew what RAW was - 4 years ago January) and I’ve reworked it a few times since. Originally submitted it for image review at the OoC Live conference. I reworked it again after that and this is my final… I think. :wink:

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

IG is @blivieriphoto
Thanks everyone!

3 Likes

Barbara: Wonderful light and mood. The processing looks good to me. Nicely done. >=))>

1 Like

Thanks Bill. Had some good feedback by Alister Benn and Adam Gibbs during my review at the OoC Live. I think my head swelled about 2 sizes larger that night. :joy:

Beautiful warm light in a kind of otherworldly forest scene. Great mood and feeling to the image, too. No suggestions here, looks great.

1 Like

Thanks Harley! I appreciate the feedback.

What a lovely forest, in beautiful light. Nicely done processing, also. The cool tones in the background fog and the warm tones in the foreground give this a nice sense of depth. No criticisms from me!

1 Like

Thanks Bonnie! I appreciate it!

Barbara, the strong sense of depth and the glowing side lighting make for a wonderfully inviting picture. It’s easy to imaging standing there quietly listening and starting to feel the warmth of the sun.

1 Like

Thanks Mark. It was one of those magical mornings. We rarely get fog down here in southern Florida. Winter time mostly. It certainly was a beautiful show!

fabulous rework barbara! you really brought out that luscious warm sidelight! i watched the gibbs-benn ooc image review - lucky you! - so i’ve seen where this came from. you must be delighted to have reworked such a personally special image so well! well done!

Oh you saw that? God, I was so nervous! I felt like I was in front of an auditorium of people! (kind of was…) LOL I had that review session planned from the get-go when they announced the schedule. I made sure I got in on that group first. I had no idea what I was in for though.
Thanks so much Marian! I do love this image. I’m actually thinking of printing it large for my office. We’ll see.

So very beautiful. Now I will need to go back and look at the OoC online critique!

Absolutely gorgeous light and fog combination on a wonderful looking forest, Barbara! You certainly made the best of a fantastic opportunity and you definitely have much to be proud of. I wouldn’t change a thing and highly recommend that you print it large and hang it on the wall! Very well done!

1 Like

Thanks so much Gary for the kind words. I’m going to look into that print. :blush:

Stunning photo, both composition and light! Well done. My only suggestion would be to selectively sharpen the major tree trunks a bit more. On my screen the unenlarged photo looks fine, but blown up larger the trunks appear a little soft. Just a minor nit…

Lovely warm light, great atmosphere and processing. It’s a quiet, ordinary scene that has become extraordinary. Kudos to you.

I agree Tony. Different devices are showing it differently and the trees look a bit softer than they did originally. I’ll do that before printing.

Thanks so much!

Thanks so much Kathy! I agree, ordinary made extraordinary. Although Mother Nature did the hard work. I just captured it. :blush:

I think many photographers can take a great image of epic locations, but I don’t live in an epic location. I try to make an epic image out of what’s local. I guess the ordinary is what I strive for. Thanks for the kind words.

Marvelous image. This should be submitted to the landscape critique gallery as well. Although you’ve received good viewership here.

Thanks Igor.
You think I should add it to another critique as well? I don’t know what more I could get from there. Some pretty nice comments already. Any more and my head might swell up a bit. LOL
Thanks much for your encouraging words.