For the love of winter

I can hardly pass a leaf in snow without taking a picture, but this one, with the shape of a heart broken in the middle of it, was really irresistible.

The snow was deep, but melting quickly and had a soft quality that I emphasized in post - giving it what I hope is a cloud-like feel and consistency.

Specific Feedback Requested

General impressions, whether the processing is too ‘unreal’.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Lumix G9
LUMIX G VARIO 12-35mm F2.8 @ 27.0 mm (54.0 mm in 35mm)
f/6.3 | 1/400 sec | ISO 320 - over exposed a stop or so
Handheld

Lr processed for smoothing texture in the snow and managing the color range in the leaf itself. Sharpening & texture in the leaf. Ps to remove little bits of stuff in the snow.

@the.wire.smith

Kris: I like your comp and the processing of the snow; it almost looks like clouds. Well seen and very nicely presented.>=))>

1 Like

Thanks Bill. Glad it came across well. I could wallpaper my house with my shots of leaves in snow. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Kris, this is a fine look at a leaf in the snow. The leaf’s colors stand out well. My personal preference would be for a bit more detail in the snow, but that’s what artistic choice is all about.

Hi Kristen, this was nicely seen and something I would not have noticed. The snow makes a wonderful backdrop for the leaves, and the little heart is in a perfect spot. You definitely achieved your goal of soft and dreamy for the snow; it no longer has the typical appearance of snow but it shows off your main subject better.

1 Like

Not sure how I missed seeing this one, Kris. I do love the heart shape, and can certainly see why it was irresistible. Nice find and capture.

1 Like