Forest Light

A small grove of ponderosa (or jeffrey?) pines in Info National Forest last fall. This was shot almost at midday with light filtering through the tree tops. I processed the image bit cooler to give it a softer look. I hope you like it.

Sony A7RII, 24-70 f/2.8, f/11, 1/80, ISO400, handheld

Please do not critique this image. Galleries are for sharing and discussion only.
10 Likes

Real nice, Satie. I love the warm look both in the brush and reflecting on the trees. It works well.

1 Like

Very nice mood. Love the soft warm palette of color.

1 Like

Lovely image. Amazing light. You’ve done a great job with the color. My only nit is the dark branch coming from the tree on the right heading towards the edge draws my eye there. I would consider either cloning it out or lightening it so there is less contrast between it and the surrounding background.

1 Like

Very beautifully lit and composed, Satie. The image has a richly textured, graphic quality which I like a lot.

1 Like

Just a reminder… this image is in the Landscape Gallery and critiques are not requested, nor desired.

2 Likes

Whoops, my bad.

Thanks, Tony. I agree the branch on the right is distracting. I am not sure I have the skill to clone it out perfectly. But I can definitely try to lighten it. Thanks for the suggestion. :slight_smile:

Satie, this is wonderful, it is such a painterly looking image. I like your composition, the arrangement of the trees is nicely balanced. The use of warm glow in your processing works very well here too. I also think you did a great job processing the shadows and highlights on the trees, they look great.

1 Like

Simply gorgeous. The light… color… comp, so beautiful and striking.

1 Like

A wonderful image to me Satie, a convincing presentation of the scene and atmosphere.

Peter

1 Like

Great light, great colours, great composition, great tones, great job.

1 Like

I would’ve bet my life this was a @Charlotte_Gibb image. That’s a major compliment. Great work.

1 Like

Beautiful forest scene Satie - love the way you have processed this one. It reminds me of a classic painting. Great piece of art!

1 Like

Thanks, @Igor_Doncov! That is indeed high praise. I am fan of @Charlotte_Gibb’s work and find it inspiring.

Thanks, @Mark_Price! Much appreciated.

Stunning light Satie. Beautiful color too.

1 Like

Love this! Wonderful light and color but most of all I really enjoying the feel / mood this has. Nice work Satie!

1 Like

Your processing makes the viewer stop and take notice - has a painterly look to me with those soft colors and pleasant glow.

1 Like

Truly beautiful Satie. Lovely processing to really bring out the color.

1 Like