Fourteen

Observing small patterns within the grand landscape is always fun. It draws the expressive side out which leads to rare images. This particular scene is from a massive rock face that leads into the sea. During low tide these colonies of shell hatchings are left vulnerable. Now though dried up, they build their homes into these rock crevices and move out depending on the tide. The side light illuminated them into this wonderful golden color. This particular pattern of their former homes reminded me of the Roman numeral XIV - fourteen. This also looks like gold embedded into rocks.

Let me know your thoughts on the image. Any feedback would be appreciated.

1 Like

Interesting abstract, @simeon. Good find on the rocks there. I didn’t even notice the XIV until after I read your post. Now it totally stands out! I don’t have anything to add as far as a critique. I appreciate the easily overlooked abstract. Well done!

Very well seen and executed Simeon, you have a great abstract image here. I actually noticed the 14 before I even read your image description, what an interesting find this was, this is diagonal line heaven. Your processing looks great, I really like the color and tonality of the rocks.

My only suggestion for improvement would be to clone away the hatchling in the extreme lower left corner, I think it would make the X stand out better. But that is a real nitpick, overall this is a great image.