Framed arches

Pertinent technical details or techniques to help others learn:

4-shot vertical pano at 12mm (1.5 crop so 18 ff equivalent).

If this is a composite please be honest with your techniques and share some details so others can learn:

No composite. Lightroom for basic edits and stitching , created a virtual copy to darken the sky and add constrast to it and exported to photoshop as layers. In PS Color Efex Pro, dodge and burn, and selected sharpening.

Please do not critique this image. Galleries are for sharing and discussion only.
5 Likes

This is wonderful. The grey clouds set off the rock well.

1 Like

Jose, this is a rather unique view of Arches, nicely done. I think the square crop works really well with the frame of the arch. The processing of exposure and contrast looks very natural on the arch and land.

1 Like

Thanks Ed. I always struggle while editing to make sure that I don’t go overboard with a hammer of saturation or HDR.

Gorgeous display of light,Jose. Nice perspective as well.
Cheers!

1 Like

Jose, Outstanding! Fabulous job processing, near flawless.

1 Like

Excellent exposure and sharpness throughout Jose. Wonderful image.

1 Like

Jose, can’t say I’ve ever seen this exact look from Arches. With that said I really like the fresh perspective and I the love the final processing as well…:+1:

1 Like

Beautiful work. I do have a question though. How do you take a 4 shot image and have it not be a composite. You can just email me if it distracts from the thread.

1 Like

I mean composite in the sense of blending time or different places. You’re right, it is a composite if you strictly define a composite as more than one photo stitch together.

1 Like