Framed

Taken at a beach in Florida, looking through the branches of trees lining the water. Beautiful trees and a great sunset.

Specific Feedback Requested

Is framing too heavy?

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Taken with Canon SX60, F4.5, 1/250 sec., ISO 400

I am a big fan of silhouettes, and really like the keyhole view you created with these trees. I think the shape of the opening is great, and very dynamic looking. I also like that you kept the sunset colors relatively less saturated, to me this allows the viewer to concentrate more on the shapes of the shapes of the silhouettes.

I don’t think so on a overall basis. I could see a slight crop from the bottom though.

I also think this image works equally well flipped horizontally too, it migh tbe worth looking at that.

I agree with this suggestion. It would reduce the amount of black. One of the things I find about silhouettes is to control the amount of black in the scene. Not always true but usually it is.

I agree with the two gents. I think a crop - maybe on all sides - would enhance this creative sunset. Possibly the highlights could be tamed a tiny bit. But wow, such a nice view. Worth facing the bugs!

Wonderful framing!! Maybe a tad off the bottom but for sure I’d clone black over the two light areas through the tree on and near the left edge. Wonder if it is possible to deal with the blown-out highlights?

Agree with what’s been said…I think the framing here is beautiful and symmetric. Very lovely.

Managing the highlights if possible would be my only recommendation. I can see a modest crop from the bottom, but the sides would disrupt the symmetry/balance revealed by the tree.

I love the way your framed this shot, Patricia. I really like the silhouette showing the shapes of the trees that . The sunset looks wonderfully natural and beautiful.