Frigid

This image is from one of the mountain parks on the east side of Rocky Mtn NP, Colorado. I’ve never been able to capture this scene in all it’s white glory until recently. Typically, the wind blows the snow completely off the tree branches. The subtle glow of this morning was outstanding and I’m not sure I did it justice. Oh, and believe me, the title is appropriate, as it was -21 degrees when this was shot was taken!

Pertinent technical details or techniques:
Technically, a straight forward image taken with a 50mm lens and cropped to present the image in a panoramic aspect ratio.

ig@henkeimagery

4 Likes

Ken,
It clear that your persistence has really paid off with this image. I think the scene looks incredible, can’t stop looking at it.

1 Like

Nice photo Ken. I like it a lot. I would suggest a bit more sharpening in the trees and the mountains in the background.

1 Like

Ken,

This is quite gorgeously fantastic as presented. I think the softness that perhaps Tony is suggesting to address is actually an asset here, complimenting the softness of the light and color.

I just get a sense of quiet, yet glorious beauty; Peacefulness.

Lon

1 Like

Superb!

1 Like

Very well done with with this panoramic approach!!!

1 Like

Thanks for your comment, Tony. Actually, Lon nailed what my approach was…soft light. Lately, I’ve been on a kick to not get images too “crunchy.” A softer approach seemed to work for this particular image.
Cheers

Very peaceful scene. The light is nice and I like the way the trees make a nice diagonal path through the image.

1 Like

Catching up on a few landscape images to get my creative juices flowing, this is very nice Ken. How did you ever mangae the cold. I like the foreground trees and that soft light on the mountains.

1 Like