From Lizandro Beach to Cabo da roca

I was heading for the beach to get some low tide/sunset pictures when I spot this “Inevitable Picture”

Specific Feedback Requested

C/C welcome

Technical Details

Is this a composite: Yes
When processing the photos I decide to use the sky from a picture taken minutes a part

6 Likes

The soft pastel colors are delightful Joao. Another plus is the mix of warm and cool tones. Lovely image. No nits from me.

Beautiful scene and with a very tranquil mood. Great understated color and light. If you are thinking of a nice big print, maybe clone or burn the big white structure off to the left? No other suggestions, just really enjoying this one.

Joao, this is a beauty. Love the softness and lighting.

Subtle Light + Subtle Colors = Wonderful Mood

@joaoquintela this is a very peaceful and serene that speaks with a lot more meaning than “just another sunset” image. You have done an excellent job processing the pastel colors in this scene , they are beautifully understated (a good thing).

@joaoquintela This is so beautiful. As others have said, the soft complementary orange and blue colors are just beautiful. The mood is very peaceful. This would be a beautiful print to hang on a wall. Congrats!

Hi Joao. This is a beautiful photo. The softness in the colors make it very relaxing to look at and the balance between the foreground and background is perfect. Agree with Mark that this would certainly be one for the wall.

Lovely! The soft colors and balance are calming. I like the little buildings for scale.

I love the soft pastel colors in this Joao! Just the right amount of contrast and the sky doesn’t overwhelm the rest of the image. The fog bank rolling in adds to the dreaminess of this.

The colors in this are just excellent Joao, as is the foggy atmosphere in the lower part. I might like to see a little more of the scene below, but this is quite nice as presented.

Beautiful picture and a masterful blend. There is nothing to indicate this as a blend.

Love the colors, light and mood in this picture. I think the houses add to the quality of the image. Also, I like the stripe of fog going all the way to the left border, making the ridge standing out better.

Thank you all for your comments.

Really, nothing to add to what others have said - an exquisite understated colour palette used to maximum effect.