Frozen Cherries

Door County, WI along the lakeshore with blowing winds.

Technical Details

Composite: No
Sony A7III w/ 24/240 @ 240, 1/500 @ 6.3

Merle, first of all, welcome to NPN. I hope you find the site to be all you hope it to be. A nice first post in Macro. I love those ice cycles hanging from the cherries. It sure looks cold. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Thank you Shirley for the warm welcome. I appreciate it. It was very cold with the wind blowing in off the lake.

1 Like

Merle, welcome to NPN. I agree with Shirley, these are some fine icicles set off well by the red of the berries. The center berries are nicely sharp. I don’t know if that lens will allow, but moving in closer let you eliminate some of the out-of-focus (oof) elements and make the subject larger. If you wanted to emphasize the icicles hanging there more, lowering your point-of-view would let you get more sharpness in the icicles.

1 Like

Thanks for the welcome. The lens will handle the closer shot and a very good suggestion for position of the shot. This is a crop from a larger shot taken in the wind and freezing my b%^& off. The tree is on the shore of the lake and was completely covered in ice.