Gaillardia Flower + Repost

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any Canon 5d Mk III, 180 Macro lens, f 9, 1/800 sec., iso 200. Used Photoshop edits for lighting, cropping and other refinement. Topaz used for final edits of sharpness and noise. Hand colored placard background used.

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

John Wayne: This is very nicely done. I especially like the lighting. I’m undecided with regard to the dark line in the URC BG but do like how it complements the angle of the stem. Top notch shot. >=))>

Nice photo. I think the out of focus stem in the upper right is a definite distraction and my vote would be to remove it.

REPOST Removed most of dark line in upper right. My added background, for some reason, appeared to to look like cloth with wrinkles . The background is a whiteboard with yellow, red and off yellow.

Blockquote

Hi John. I like the lighting, depth of field and angle of the flower. I do think a more contrasting background would have worked better and I find the rib in the background that goes across the upper right corner a bit distracting.

There is a lot to like about this image. The color palette is very nice, the composition works nicely. Yes, the upper right corner has been mentioned and partially remedied. But… for me the huge white frame just pulls me away from the subject. I guess those things are a matter of personal taste. Here’s a version with a much smaller frame (slightly off white). Just a thought on the frame.

Thanks Keith, Agree on the frame, however, to my eye and intent the BG looks like the rolls in a curtain. That is the reason I did not completely brush it away
Wayne

John, the flower shows very well here. The complementary colors in the background add a lot to a fine view. Your “fix” of the dark line adds well. The results are well worth your efforts.