Garden Tour 20

Viva La Sol!
Sony A77II
Minolta 200mm macro
ISO 400, 1/320 @ f11
Shooting flowers in bright sunlight is considered inappropriate many cases but this young coneflower basking in the sun and mimicking old Sol was too much fun to pass up. I also liked the Illustration Mode result as well. All comments welcome. >=))>

And the Illustration Mode version

2 Likes

Love the contrasting colors Bill. Makes the whole image shout, “look at me!” And I must admit, I do really like the illustration effect. For me, it helps to simplify and clarify at the same time. Really nice image.

Don’t you just love playing with your images!? I really like what you did here with it. Beautiful!

You handled the bright sun splendidly, Bill and the reds/oranges are the colors to do it with. They do very well in the sun. The illustration mode image came out very nicely as well.

Have to confess the illustration image is just a bit garish for my taste, Bill, but I do like the original. The spiky centre seems to suit the harsh light and I love the shadows the stamens cast. An unusual shot for you but well worth using the vivid sunlight.

Bill, this is a nice shot of this pretty coneflower. It doesn’t look like the bright harsh sun bothered either image. Both versions are nice, but I like the first one best. Great job on both in harsh light.

Bill, the strong sunlight really lets the colors in the flower pop as it keeps the background nicely dark. The illustration mode view adds a fine sense of artistry and abstraction that nicely capture the key parts of this flower.