GBH Breakfast

I was lucky to get some shots of this Great Blue Heron with a vole for its breakfast. It eventually gave it quick dunk then swallowed it down, head first. It also got strafed by another GBH. I guess it had the urge for a meal too.

Specific Feedback Requested

Cropping?

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
D500, Nikon 200-500 lens, Nikon 1.4 TC, hand held, 1/3200, f 8.0, 700mm, ISO 1000, cropped to 4620 x 3111, AI Clear

Terrific capture, Dave. The crop looks pleasing to me, as does the detail in the bird, and you’re handling of the water. A nice reflection, to boot.

Hi Dave
The Blue has mouth full, there. Great action, with good feather detail and color. Nice work.
Peter

That’s one big vole, Dave! I think this crop works fine and the techs look very good as well. The only thing that I could wish for is that the heron would have turned toward you a bit-but that’s its fault, not yours.

Nice one Dave. The GBH is high tailing out of there. I guess it is worried about the other bird snatching its meal. I like the pose although a slight head turn would have been nice. Crop looks good as does composition.