Gentle Light

This was a very tranquil. peaceful desert morning.

1 Like

I love the understated color and pano format Harley. Definitely evokes a very peaceful and quiet morning.

Beautiful image! At first glance I would say I’d have liked to see a tad more light on the mountains (maybe dodge it just a bit) but after looking at it more, I like it as is too. Such a serene image. Love it!

This definitely speaks of one of those morning, Harley. I also like the fact that you have the entire mountain lit because it adds so much interest to the image. The cloud layers are a nice complement, too. The placement of that almost lenticular-like cloud on the left side of the frame is perfect.

I’m enjoying your series on the SW desert Harley. For me the saturated red in the mountains is what makes this image. I also like the pano

This does look like quiet a peaceful valley Harley. I like how you’ve captured the feeling of the open space. Makes me feel like a horse and rider will be coming through any minute. Wonderful photo.

I love the red/green contrast in your colors here Harley. The delicate light on both the mountains and landscape below has a subtle beauty. The placement of the center mountain in the comp is just perfect, it makes a very effective centerpiece. My only nit is that I think you could recover a little more detail in the clouds and sky. It doesn’t need much, and you would have to be careful to avoid adding too much contrast in the sky to the point where you lose the overall soft feeling of the image.

Gorgeous capture Harley. I love the softness of the light on the mountain and in the sky. Great work; no nits at all from me.

Nice, fairly straightforward composition and image. This is a special time for many who rise up early enough to see it. I often have difficulty processing skies and this one looks very natural. You could raise the darks a bit to make that fg look more grayish.

Harley,

Indeed a very peaceful and serene. I don’t think I would mind so much waking up to this view, tripod/camera at hand with a hot cup a joe…

I could also see bumping the light on the mountains, but given you were there and I wasn’t, I’m guessing this reflects more the mood and peacefulness you got to experience.

Lon

Great Scene, brings me back to early mornings driving cross country in the south west. I would agree with Ed about taking the lights in the brightest parts of the clouds to grab a bit more detail.