Gerbera Flames

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 400D, 100mm macro, 1/8 @ f11, ISO 200

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

I’m going back some 10 years with this one, which I don’t believe I posted at the time. I think I added a little glamour glow to the petals in Color Efex.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
3 Likes

An excellent composition, Ian, and I love the angle you used to your subject. A beautiful image.

A lovely image, Ian. Love the shades of pink in the peddles, with the creamy white. The composition is really nice. A great shot.

Ian, To me just a beautiful image that gives color to life in these days.

Hi Ian,

Very artistic presentation of a very complex flower. I like how you positioned a portion from the flower’s center in the upper RH corner. This produced a wonderful composition…Jim

Absolutely stunning image, Ian. The composition and colour are wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

Ian, the colors and shapes stand out beautifully here. You’re comp. works very well with it’s mix of upper right to lower left and swirling movements.

Your choice of composition is unusual but extremely effective. Lovely colors and flow to the petals. Excellent image.

Ian
I like this very much. Good lighting and good depth of field. Gorgeous color!!!