Glorietta Sunrise

Prodded by @Giuseppe_Guadagno to try smaller, I find that this crop seems to avoid some problems.

Description: I found the exposures in my library from which I created this HDR image. As usual, I was pretty unbashful about color. I did try to have transitions in luminosity, saturation, contrast, and sharpness to generate a decent feeling of depth.

Specific Feedback Requested: Any and all appreciated.

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Lots of PS layers to bring the fairly dowdy linear raw files to life.

Is this a composite? No

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

knudson633

Beautiful lightes and colors Dick. A bit too busy may be but it is difficult to make it simpler. A shorter format?
I know that it is very difficult and hard working to remove the dried small branches in the BLC but it is not impossible. Anyway I love the image.

Thank you @Giuseppe_Guadagno . Yes it would have been much easier to remove the branches in lower left in the field than it was to try to do that in PS.

Hmmm, no image is presented when I click on it; must be the problem mentioned earlier on the site. I will try again later.

The record, the square crop is a signiticant improvement as it makes the composition more unified. I really like the overall warm cast that permeates from sky to ground. I also like how you’ve taken some very ordinary elements and shown how beautiful they are together.

1 Like

Thank you Igor. Your comments reflect just what I was pleased about with the square variant.

Beautiful scene. I think the square crop is a very nice improvement.