Golden Crowned Sparrow

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

We finally got some real spring weather this week so Wednesday afternoon, I spent a little while getting the pools cleaned and filled and drips set up for the season. I went into the blind, evicted a mouse, and sat there with one of the windows open to see what would come in, if anything. It didn’t take long and among other things I had four of these Golden-crowned Sparrows fighting over the lower bathing pool. They usually leave earlier than this and I’d never seen them bathing before. Of course I hadn’t taken my camera. I went back out yesterday and never did catch them bathing, but caught them coming to the upper pool and drinking.

Specific Feedback

Does all the out of focus area of the pool rim ruin this shot?

Technical Details

Sony A1, FE 200-600 + 1.4 TC @ 741 mm, tripod with gimbal head, f/9, 1/800, iso 2500. Morning sun on background and parts of the pool, but the bird in shade. Processed in LR & PS CC. Cropped to 7512x5665. Taken yesterday at 9:43 AM.

1 Like

Background and pool rim don’t bother me at all, Dennis. The color and soft backdrop help set off the Sparrow very nicely.