Golden on Pond

Fall in the Pacific Northwest is a beautiful thing. this shot was taken at the McLane Nature Trail in Olympia, Washington. While it was a blah afternoon I managed to find a shot by dropping my eyes and scanning the waters edge.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any technical feedback welcome

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any artistic feedback welcome

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon EOS R , Canon 70-200 f2.8L, ISO 1600, 110mm, f11, 1/160
(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

@benjaminrobinsonphotography

Nice variety of colors, shapes and textures. The outer leaves seem to be a frame for the spotted maple leaf which is glowing. Glad you saw this.

Great colors with the composition right on. Love the varying colors on the leaves that stand out against dark background.

Ben: Welcome to Flora and thanks for a fine first post here. I especially like the light and subject. My only suggestion would be to crop this tighter on both sides to give the leaf a bit more prominence. Great to have you aboard and looking forward to more of your work. >=))>