Gray Fox Family

Description: The kits are getting nearly as big as the adults, now. The adult male is on the far left, and I think the others are the three kits, or possibly two kits and the female with her butt toward the camera. In any event, in another four to six weeks, the family will split up. Even the adult male and female will separate for a few months, then pair up again in December or early January. The cycle then repeats.

Specific Feedback Requested: Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 60D, Canon 70-300mm IS USM, @ 200mm, f/9.5, 1/1500 sec., ISO 2000, Hand Held. Processed in ACR and PSE 2020 for exposure and cropping. I cloned a little of the whites on one of the pups, overexposed due to the bright light. Topaz De-noise applied.

Is this a composite? (focus stacks or exposure blends are not considered composites) No

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

What a great family photo! Not everyone is cooperating with posing for the photographer but that’s sometimes how these family gatherings go! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

They weren’t very cooperative, they gave me less than ideal light, and one member of the clan is AWOL, but this was the first time so many were gathered in one spot! I took what I could get!

It’s wonderful to be able to follow your foxes! I am SOOO jealous! You have been taking good advantage of the opportunities, which always have drawbacks in a natural setting.

1 Like

It’s ok if three out of four are cooperating :laughing:
Would prefer to crop off little canvas from the bottom.

1 Like

Ha! Then I’m good with them, Jagdeep! I’ll take a look at the crop.