Green Lynx Spider + Repost

I just was outside taking care of our hummingbird feeder and noticed this Green Lynx Spider on an old Zinnia flower bloom. I went back and got my camera and captured this one shot and he didn’t like the close company and went under the flower where it was difficult to get a shot of him (camera shy, I supposed).

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Anything to improve the shot.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Anything to improve the shot.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon 5DII, Canon 100 mm L macro lens, KX-800 twin flash and a softbox diffuser, handheld. Settings at f16, 1/125, ISO 160.

Bill, I took your advice and cropped in to the flower more. What do you think? Anyone else like it better cropped in more?

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
2 Likes

Shirley: He may have been demanding a model release as well :wink:. Great find and a fine capture. It would also be neat to crop this really tight to nearly fill the frame with the spider and flower. >=))>

Thanks Bill. I do have the pixel to do that as I didn’t crop too much for this edit.

Shirley, the original looks very good. However, the cropped version really shows of the spider well. I’m debating whether just a tad more space on the right would be good…but I do like the spider’s position and pose. In the cropped version, it’s a very dominant pose, which add to the spiders presence.

1 Like

I like both Shirley, what a great creature! The three colours make it a powerful photo

Hi Shirley, a fine capture and I like the repost best. Nice details on the spider and fine colors. well done.

1 Like