Grosbeak - Male

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 5Dsr, 100x400 Telephoto with 1.4 Extender, f13, iso 2000 at 1/400 sec. with tripod and AV Canon setting.

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
2 Likes

I think you did a really good job on this. Detail looks quite good. You have slight head turn and the background is pleasing. I think you could cut a little bit off the top.

Hi,
Follow David’s suggestion for an alternate crop. Did you use noise supression at ISO 2000. The feathers look like the details have been compromised between noise suppression and sharpening. This is very apparent in the larger view. Other than, great pose, color, and BG…Jim

A beauty. Detail and pose are good and I like the background and the perch is interesting sharing some of the colors of the grosbeak. Nice one.

Thanks Allen, This is one of my personal favorites. The colors both contrasts and blend so well for my taste.

Hi John
You did a good job with the coloring, detail and framing. My only question is (what is the block hole in the back ground)?
Peter

Hi Peter, Did not notice at first. Photo taken in the fall with many bare trees in the background. The darker underside of the bird makes the dark spot more round and noticeable. Thanks,
Wayne