Guard Cat

I caught my cat in the raspberry patch this morning. We have a fenced area right outside the house. She loves watching birds and mice but has no idea what to do with them. I gave her a mouse once and she very gently played with it. Regardless, cats are not good for birds and need to be watched at all times.

What technical feedback would you like if any? There is a leaf in the way just below her right eye (image left side) and I did my best to obscure it using the desaturation tool, the sharpening tool, and the burning tool.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any pertinent technical details: iso-500, 100-400 at 400, F6 .3, 800th, handheld, no flash, A7r4

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
2 Likes

Beautiful cat captured well.

What a great pet portrait. Love the eyes! What kind of cat is she?

Thanks Bonnie, She is a British Shorthair, purebred.

Very fuzzy kitty. You could even do a vertical crop with a vignette of greenery around too. Fine image as p[resented…Jim

A great pose, David. I love those eyes. It’s such a unique color and the expression is priceless. I also like the bit of out of focus foreground as it gives the impression of a cat on the hunt.

Wonderful title and image! Made me laugh out loud…should win a prize for the best image/title combo.