Guardians

Hello everyone, posting a photograph I made in the Eastern Sierras last fall. This was my first trip to see the bristlecone pines and it was quite an experience. I hope to visit again this year when it is not too cold. This was shot on a cold night with temperatures in the single digits with wind chill. :cold_face:

Hope you guys enjoy it.

Single exposure double processed
Sony A7RII, 12-24mm, f/4, 30s, ISO6400

Please do not critique this image. Galleries are for sharing and discussion only.
4 Likes

This is a classic and dramatic image, very evocative. I like the feeling of chill and almost suspended time… Well done.

1 Like

Satie, very dramatic image, nicely done. I like your cooler processing on the bristlecones, it feels very natural looking.

1 Like

Great image using the bristlecone pines. Processing of the looks nice

1 Like

This scene really conveys an ancient mood. For us Lord of the Rings fans this reminds me of the Ents! Well done!

1 Like

Satie, both the sky and the land look great. The view is a fine mix of stark, chilly and dramatic.

1 Like

This is awesome, Satie. Probably one of the best bristlecone night shots I’ve seen. Processed beautifully.

1 Like

Beautiful image, Satie. Composition is perfect and exposure is excellent. Love the story.

1 Like

Beautiful and majestic. Love this Satie. A place on my bucket list for sure.

1 Like