Guest Critique off?

David, all,

I received a note from @Cameron_Wilcox that he is unable to post for the Guest Critique today. Today is the 3rd day and should be active, but he’s getting a permissions error and can’t post.

Cameron, in addition to my email reply, the other thing to try is NOT use the #TAG for Guest Critique. Then let me know and I’ll modify the post; see if that works.

Otherwise, I’m not seeing any new posts today, so perhaps the end date was incorrectly set to end today?

Lon

I don’t see any issues with it, could I get some more details about what you’re seeing @Cameron_Wilcox ? Screenshots would be helpful to get to the bottom of this. Thank you, and I apologize for the trouble!

David,

According to the logs in his profile:

New : If you see this message, you are either not signed in, you are a free member and need to become a full member at www.naturephotographers.network/join, or the submission period for the guest critique has closed.
Previous : If you see this message, you are either not signed in, you are a free member and need to become a full member at https://www.naturephotographers.network/join, or the submission period for the guest critique has closed.”

Also, the subject is listed as “js.wizard.not_permitted” if that helps. I’ve asked him to repost 1. without the guest critique tag and/or 2. posing in different category. Then we could move/edit.

But also, I haven’t see any new posts for the guest critique dated today the 22nd. But then you would think others would be having trouble too. Haven’t heard anything else.

EDIT: Just saw a new Guest Critique post in Landscape. so that answers that part… Must be just with Cameron then.

I just posted for the Guest Critique.

But it was a little bit confusing for me as well.
First I tried to press the “New Post” Button (1).
And after that, I saw this “You are not allowed…” tooltip (2) and thought the time was up.

But then I figured out that I just had to click the " Submit an Image for Critique by Tim Parkin" (3) link.

I can see how that’s confusing Jens. I’ve added a link in the New Post button, so this shouldn’t happen again. The “you are not allowed” is because you were viewing the tag view, not a category (I know, confusing!). I think this is different from Cameron’s problem, though.

Hi David. Thanks for the quick reply. Here’s what it’s showing me. I am on my phone, but I have not been able to find the direct link that I saw previously, so I was trying to post via landscape critique and tagging it with Tim’s name.

Ahh okay, thank you for the screenshot, that really helps clear it up. It looks like you must have closed the banner with the link, and then there was no way for you to access the submission form. Your workaround was a good thought, but unfortunately cannot work that way. As I told Jens, I added a link in the New Post button and will do this for all future guests. To see it you would need to refresh the page or restart the app if you’re using that. Or just click this link Submit an Image for Critique by Tim Parkin

Sorry for the trouble, I will continue to improve the process!

Thanks David. Appreciate your quick turn arounds. Have a great day.
Cameron