Hazelnut Orchard (ICM)

The Hazelnut Orchards still have blooms on them. I did another go at ICM with them a few weeks ago. I made sure to get trees behind them to cover the sky…

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D3400
ISO 100
75mm
f/18
1/10

naturenessie
1 Like

I love ICM images in general including this one. The symmetries of the orchard trees and what I assume are shadows on the ground are really interesting. I do think the trees at the top are distracting from these elements. I wonder how cropping them out would isolate the core of the ICM better, just a thought.

1 Like

Hi @Mario_Cornacchione! Thanks for looking and sharing your thoughts. I tried doing a crop but I didn’t like that it cut out the foreground tree branches. Yes, those are shadows and some water from irrigation hoses. I think ICM is fun. Just trying to get good at it! Glad for digital! I would not be doing this without it! I would go broke! :smiley:

Agree about ICM. Not sure it is well received here on the network however based primarily on the sheer paucity of comments when an ICM is posted. I think it is a valid artistic form of expression of a scene especially after editing to bring it to your vision and aesthetics.

1 Like

@Mario_Cornacchione my camera has limits and I don’t have a tripod, so I’m not always happy with different landscape shots I try for. I feel like ICM in some instances conveys a scene closer to how I see it. Like it makes the world a more magical and wonderful place!