Overwhelming light
Shouting his summer colors
Season on the edge

Specific Feedback Requested

All feedback more then welcome

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

1 Like

My first impression is of peace and protection. That overhead branch seems to be offering a soothing touch of reassurance, but that’s just me anthropomorphizing. Looks like it smells like heaven. I have only encountered lavender on farms in straight rows so this is a wonderfully gentle version of that. It’s hard to think of this plant as natural and I’m glad to see it. I think it could stand a touch of a mid-tone lift. I’d happily hang a print of this on my wall.

1 Like

Ben - I think this is beautiful, and an improvement on your prior composition that didn’t speak to me as well as this one. The highlights on the leaves are managed well, I suspect in “real life” they were much brighter. This helps better bring the image into its tonal range. I’m running a pretty dark screen, and thought the image was dark overall, so I brought it into Lr and the histogram is running dark. As experienced as you are, I suspect this is your intent, but it does appear dark for a filtered daylight scene. My only thought would be to lift the brighter sections some if that was consistent with your taste.

1 Like

The trunk and branch provide a nice frame that feels natural to me. The contrasting greens and purples are compelling.

1 Like

I also like this more than the first image Ben. The color palette is beautiful and dispersed in a balanced fashion. The branch and tree seem to frame the image for me. Nice see.

1 Like

Ben, I also prefer this to your prior image. I think the softer light really does a lot of favors to the delicate colors of the heather. The green and purple are a killer color combination, and the softer light lets the viewer better appreciate these pastel type colors. Well done…

1 Like

Very nice, soft light, and framing is perfect. Thanks for posting this. I really enjoy it.

1 Like

This is beautiful with a wonderful inviting mood. Very nice!

1 Like

Well I don’t remember the prior image but I do like this one. It almost looks like a scene from a garden than what one might encounter in the woods. I’m not sure you need the vertical tree trunks on the far right. Well, it works both ways. Some of the branches in the fg are darker than the distant ones which seems inconsistent.

Wow what a nice comment. It’s not lavender but just heather. Thank you Kristen.

Jim , thank you for your comment and advice. Although my histogram isn’t running dark.

Thank you for your time and comment , Dean

Thank you, Mario ! Always happy with your comments.

Thank you Ed for these color lessons !

I am happy with your comment, David !

Thank you , Nick ! A nice comment.

Igor, A fine remark about the darker branches. I wil pay attention to that next time. Thank you so much .

Oh wow, Ben! I like this composition, of I assume the same place as the first, even more than the first image! It really emphasizes the heather even more! Beautiful lighting and another nice haiku!