Hello everyone, I'm Jon ... and I'm excited to have joined the NPN community

I was born in the UK and spent 25+ years working in aerospace engineering (15 years of which while living in France and Germany). As a recovering engineer, dividing my time between marketing and photography, I now live in Southern California.

I started taking photos at the age of 14 with my trusty Russian-made Zenit 10, teaching myself the fundamentals of photography via countless rolls of poorly exposed 35mm film. I’ve been using Canon SLRs, then DSLRs, for the last 20+ years and now use an EOS R camera for both stills and videography – as well as an iPhone which accompanies me pretty much everywhere.

I’m hoping to be able to give and get feedback and critique on my photography as well as develop a broader landscape photography community.

Jon, hello and welcome to NPN. Glad that you’ve found this website community and look forward to your participation… :sunglasses:

1 Like

Not sure recovery is possible! :smiley: I’m married to an engineer and I think it’s a permanent condition.

Welcome to NPN. I can relate to the many rolls of poorly exposed film. Probably everyone who’s shot film has a ton of those. But it is a great teacher.

1 Like

Hello Jon and welcome to NPN. I am sure you will enjoy the great group of photographers here. I look forward to your participation. :smiley:

1 Like

Welcome to NPN Jon, I look forward to seeing more of your work posted here, and don’t be shy about participating in our forums by commenting on other peoples images, it’s a great way to meet other NPN members.

Good idea to switch from that Russian made Zenit to a Canon :smile:

1 Like

Thanks Paul …

Hi Kristen … I fear you are right … definitely still engineering traits in much of what I do :slight_smile:

Thanks Ed … I’m really looking forward to being able to give and receive real feedback on images … something that’s missing from other channels.