Hello fellow Nature Photographers, returning member

For the next few months I have to stay close to home taking care of my wife after surgery. While my photographic roaming’s are suspended I have decided to go back through my archives to take a new look at some favorite images and search for possible overlooked gems. During this retrospective I thought it would be fun and beneficial to reconnect with the Nature Photographers Network. I was a member many years ago and enjoyed the community finding it helpful and inspiring. For my first post I am including one of my favorite wildlife images of Sea Lions taken at Point Lobos State Reserve and first shared here back in 2013.

A little about myself; I am a former Navy Photographer and worked as a scientific, technical and underwater photographer for the government. I also ran my own business doing aerial and architectural photography for 10 years. In between I have done portrait, wedding and magazine photography as well. I like to tell everyone that I have photographed babies, brides and bombs. My interests cover many facets of photography and I am currently teaching photo classes and leading workshops.

I am looking forward to seeing all of your incredible photographs.

Paul

4 Likes

Fantastic way to kick things off, Paul. What a scene. Welcome back!

Great to have you back Paul! Wow! That is a beautiful scene and I can see why it’s one of your favorites. Welcome back Paul!

Welcome to the community! I wasn’t around here yet in 2013, so your image is new to me. Great capture, looking forward to see more of your work.

Welcome back, Paul. And what a way to start off. That image is truly spectacular. I love everything about it. Looking forward to more of your images and to your contributions here.

Cheers,
David