Hello, I'm Alex!

Hello everyone,

My name is Alex Jones and I’m thrilled to join Nature Photographers Network. I look forward to participating in the community, seeing everyone’s work, and learning from you all.

I’m currently based in Central Oregon and mostly shoot landscapes.

Below is an image from a trip to the Oregon Coast last summer. I love the drama of the coast but also love mountain, desert, and forest scenes - and everything inbetween! I’ve been shooting for 4 years now, and like many photographers, I’ve found myself more drawn to the details of small and intimate scenes as I’ve matured as a photographer. I still do love the opportunity to shoot grand landscapes, and I’ve still got so very much learning to do.

Cheers,

Alex

4 Likes

Hi Alex! Welcome to NPN! This is a wonderful image. Love the composition you chose for the coast. It has a dreamy look to it. This is a great community for getting some amazing feedback. Looking forward to seeing more of your photos and feel free to give your feedback as well, it’s how we all learn. Nice to have you.

Alex, welcome to NPN! That’s quite a dramatic image of the rugged Oregon coast. I’m looking forward to seeing more of your work here. Glad you are part of NPN.

Alex, that’s a wonderful and dramatic image…welcome to NPN… :sunglasses:

Welcome! This is a fabulous photo. Well done! It reminds me of classic18th and 19th century paintings

Hi Alex! Welcome to NPN! I’m originally from Oregon, now living north of Seattle. This is a beautiful photo of the coast. Very well done! I’m looking forward to seeing more of your work and contributions.

Welcome to NPN, Alex. I’m certain you’ll find this group a great fit. I love the photo you included with your introduction. The mood and colors are strikingly beautiful.

Hi Alex! Lovely coastal shot, makes me want to head there. I’m in the PNW too, glad to have you aboard!

Welcome to NPN, Alex. This is a great community. I love the moodiness of your image here. The Oregon coast is my hands down favorite coastal area. I live in the PNW too. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Cheers,
David

Welcome to NPN Alex! We too look forward to your participating in the communite - and of course sharing your images! Looking forward to seeing more of your work! Fabulous image of the rugged beauty that is the Oregon coast.

Lon

Welcome to NPN, Alex - learning is what we’re all about here. I’ve been a photographer since the mid 1980s and I’m still learning. It’s the gift that keeps on giving. You’ve got a powerful grand landscape here - something there’s no shortage of in Oregon and even though we’ve go a lot of PNW shooters here, we can squeeze in more! I hope to see more of your work and contributions to other conversations and threads we have going. Explore the other categories, too, and see what your fellow naturalists are doing.

Hi Alex, welcome to NPN. I really like your firts posting. What a light and great post-processing!

I’m curious, with such a great landscape shot, what draws you to the intimate now?

Thank you, Alfredo!

Thank you, Ola!

Thank you, Tony! Yes, I agree about the feel of this image.

Thank you, Steve!

Thank you, Egidio! I appreciate it

1 Like

Thank you, John!

Thank you, David! The Oregon Coast is certainly a magical place :grinning: