Hello, I'm Chris

I’m a landscape photographer, doing it just as hobby at the moment. I’m from Poland, currently living in Germany. Love to hike and photograph local Alps.
I don’t have friends which are landscape photographers, so it’s hard to get reliable image critique and tips for improvement. I hope people here will help me with that :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Chris (or Krys? lol) - I’m Kris and welcome to NPN.

That is a lovely first image. I used to see shots from a person on flickr from Poland and the surrounding countryside she explored was gorgeous. I hope you post some shots so we can have a look.

The criticism here is quite helpful both in the field and in processing so jump right in!

1 Like

Welcome Chris! Glad you found this group, and I’m looking forward to seeing more of your images.
This is a beautiful scene. I like the framing of the house…trees to the side and in the background, and reflecting water in front of it.

1 Like

Thank you Kris and thank you Mark for a warm welcome :slightly_smiling_face:
Kris, I don’t have any photos of Poland, but will do my best of showing you some photos of German or Austrian mountains.
Mark, thanks. I’m glad you’ve noticed the framing, that was my thinking process when was looking for composition.

I like the soft, lower-contrast feel. You might consider a slight CCW rotation.

1 Like

Thank you for pointing it out. Will correct that!

Welcome Chris! I lived in Germany for a few years and loved the beautiful landscapes of that country. I’m looking forward to seeing your photos.

1 Like

Hi Chris and welcome aboard. Real nice pastoral scene. I second the rotation suggestion. I wonder if you made any images further to the left. I find the cutoff patch of grasses coming in from the right frame throws me off just a little bit. I really like the peaceful mood of the image.

1 Like

Thank you Harley for your tips! I have different shots, one from exact same spot. Cropped it and quickly edited, but i’m not sure if it’s working. Like the framing in the previous one.

Chris, I actually prefer the composition in your repost much better. I would just suggest that you darken the bright areas in the middle patch of grass on the right side.