Hello, I'm Misaki!

Hello everyone! My name is Misaki, I am originally from Japan, and currently living in Los Angeles, California. I work as a classical pianist professionally, but photography has been a huge hobby of mine since young. I joined this community to meet like-minded people, be inspired, and to learn and grow more!

I’m still figuring out how to use this platform, but I just wanted to say hi to you all and I’m looking forward to getting to know you!

The picture was taken at Sitka National Historical Park in Alaska while I was living in the town as an artist-in-residence from earlier this year :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Welcome, Misaki. This is a lovely introduction for us to enjoy. Not only is the light and contrast really pleasing, but the composition works beautifully, I really like the lines of streaming light and the way they emphasize the unoccupied bench. I think of many things looking at this image: who has sat there and is now gone; who will fill this spot next; what does the forest feel like when nobody is there.

Really nice work. You have come to a wonderful community and I’m sure we will learn from you as well as sharing insights to encourage your growth as well.

Welcome to the community, Misaki!

I absolutely love the photograph you shared here, and I look forward to seeing what else you post.

Hi Misaki! Welcome to NPN! This is a great community of like minded photographers.

I really like your first post. I love the light through the mist. Good exposure and comp. I can’t wait to see more of your work.

Thank you so much @Marylynne_Diggs for your warm welcome and thoughtful comments! I am really glad to hear your emotional response to the photo as well, since that’s something I’ve been working on- not just to take ‘beautiful’ photos, but meaningful and that can evoke emotions.

It’s a pleasure meeting you here, and I look forward to be in this inspiring and encouraging community!

Thank you so much, @Cody_Schultz for your kind comment and also following me! Before I signed up here as a member as I was exploring the site, I read your articles, and also on On Landscape. Photography and arts in general have been my main source for healing my mental health as well, and it really resonated with me!

So honored to meet you here, and thanks again for your kind welcome!

1 Like

Thank you very much for your kind welcome, @Steve_Kennedy ! Also I’m glad to hear you like the picture- it was taken around March when it finally started to get warm in Alaska and all the cold ice/snow started to evaporate. The entire town was covered in the thick fog that morning!

I already feel so warm and welcomed in this community and I look forward to getting to know you more and exchange ideas and inspirations!

Welcome aboard Misaki.

It’s really easy to use the platform.
I like you picture very much.

As you know there a lot of references crossing Piano and Landscape Photography, so we are all eager to see your work.

Thanks, Misaki. I apologize for my typos. I was phone typing! I corrected my original reply in case any of it was incomprehensible!

1 Like

Welcome, Misaki! I’m certain you will find the NPN community a great group to be around and learn from. Enjoy!

Thank you @joaoquintela for your kind message! I’m glad to hear it, and I am already liking this community very much.

When I first learned few years ago that Ansel Adams was a talented classically trained pianist too, I was amazed! I feel all things are closely intertwined and every art form helps one way or another to understand.

I look forward to learn from you as well, and so great to meet you here!

No need to apologize- but thank you for letting me know! That’s very considerate of you!

Thank you @Egídio_Leitão for your kind comment! I am so excited to learn from everyone, and get to know each other :slight_smile: I feel already being ‘at home’ here, thank you and nice to meet you!

1 Like

Welcome to NPN!

A great mystical shot
DO you have a little more space on the left ? That would bring in the anchoring bench some

Welcome to NPN Misaki!

Great to have you here and I’m so intrigued by your musical gift - which makes me wonder ? Do many photographers have other artistic gifts - musical - instruments, singing - or what about the arts of painting, drawing, sketching, sculpting, etc. etc. Do we have other gifts and talents that somehow lead us to photography, or vice versa?

Anyway, thank you for your background story. so glad to have you here. We look forward to your images and contributions!

Lon

1 Like

Thank you very much for your welcoming comment and your advice, @Karl_Zuzarte! It’s a great idea… although I do not have much space left in the original picture. So this the most left that I can ever get, a bit better balanced?

Thank you for sharing your insight with me!

1 Like

Thank you for your kind welcome comment, @Lon_Overacker !! So thrilled to be joining this wonderful community of talented photographers.

That’s a great point! As I mentioned above, Ansel Adams was a classical pianist before getting into photography. Also I know Reuben Wu does concert tours with his band, Benjamin Everett has a background in designs and painting. Those are just a few names that I just thought of off the top of my head, and I’m sure there are many more- so please let me know if you think of any, I’m just curious!

Thank you so much for taking time and reading my background story, Lon. I just visited your website- tons of stunning photographs! Especially I LOVE your ICM works, and large-format works. Pure beauty… thank you so much for sharing your art with us, and I’m so thrilled to getting to know you more through here!

Hello from one newbie to another :slight_smile:

Hello @MattMakesPhotos !! Thank you for saying hi, and such a pleasure to meet you here :slight_smile: Stunning photographs you have on your website, and I can’t wait to see your contributions here!

arigato gozaimasu! You’ve moved from one beautiful place to another, I look forward to seeing how you see your home of California! It looks like you are finding the music in nature as well.