Hello, nature photographers. I am Michael and happy to be a new member here

My photography journey seems similar to many who have posted introductions lately. I too am recently retired and devoting more and more time to hiking and photographing in nature. I am hoping to improve my photography and develop a more artistic approach to viewing the natural world and sharing those impressions with others. I am very much looking forward to participating in this vibrant community.

The photo is literally an image of my “back yard.” I am incredibly fortunate to live on Morro Bay on the Central California Coast . This proximity provides easy access to the rugged bluffs and beaches just south of Big Sur and endless photographic opportunities .

1 Like

I really love the mood in the accompanying photograph. Looking forward to what else you post here, Michael.

2 Likes

Hi, Michael. Welcome to the NPN. I’m sure you’ll love this community. I’m looking forward to seeing more of your work here.

1 Like

Hi Michael! Welcome to NPN! Beautiful initial post, and what a nice backyard. I’m looking forward to seeing more of your work and your contributions to the community.

1 Like

Welcome to NPN, Michael. This is an outstanding first image. Can’t wait to see more.

Cheers,
David

1 Like

Hi Michael. What a beautiful, mystical photograph. Although or maybe because it’s so dark, it creates a certain kind of magic. Lucky you that you have such motives in your backyard. Hope to see more of it.

1 Like