Hello out there...

My name is Hank, I try to do landscape / nature photograph ,
being in the corn belt of Illinois, not so many grand landscapes so I look for smaller pictures and hidden places.
I am here to learn, not so much how to use my gear, but to make what comes out of it look good.

3 Likes

Welcome to NPN. Having individual style and a critical eye takes time and practice and this is the right place for feedback and to see work from some talented folks. I’m in northern Wisconsin so know what you mean about finding the smaller scenes…apart from the boundary waters that’s about all we have! A lovely opening image. Long exposure river/stream work is a favorite of mine as well.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply and not saying anything about the un-natural crop
This is a site if an old water wheel and the remaining structure is to the right which would add a lot to the image but kids got down here and spray painted it, and I don’t have the skills to remove it in Photoshop

I don’t critique when it’s not asked for because that’s annoying. When I first saw this photo I thought something must have made you choose this composition. So often in the field there are obstacles we can’t overcome and graffiti on a picturesque object is one of them. If it’s too extensive there isn’t much you can do in post anyway.

1 Like

Hi Hank,
Welcome to this community, I hope you will find it as helpful as I have! You will receive helpful comments on your postings, but also to review and comment images posted by others could be rewarding.
Ola

1 Like

Welcome aboard, Hank. I think you will find this place a friendly and very helpful spot. I would second what Ola said about about the personal benefits of reviews and comments to your own work.

1 Like