Hi all, I'm Amy!

I love finding beauty in the ordinary. I photograph what is around me–most often in my backyard or the nearest garden. It can be a challenge to find new and interesting things to photograph, but it also helps me to really slow down and pay more attention. Because I’m often in the same location, I tend to focus on macro or small scenes. And I can never resist a good reflection!

I am currently living near Charlotte, NC with my husband and 4-month-old daughter.

I have much to learn and am always looking to improve. I also hope to learn how to give good feedback to others. I’m looking forward to interacting with other photographers here!

Hi Amy, nice to meet you on line here at NPN. This is a very fine image to accompany your introduction. Most all of us have learned to improve our photographic work over time thru not only posting images but reviewing and commenting on others work too. I’m sure you will find the NPN community a fine group for support on advancing your own work as time goes by… :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi Amy, welcome to NPN. I know you’ll get a lot out of this community and I look forward to seeing more of your work and contributions here.

Terrific first image. I love the sinuous lines of the grasses.

Cheers,
David

1 Like

Hi Amy and welcome to NPN. I echo your idea of trying to find something beautiful in the ordinary, or at least something interesting. Our yards can keep us very busy if we only stop to look. I like the ribbony nature of this photo - makes me think of something undulating in water or wind. Looking forward to your contributions in terms of images submitted and observations on others’ work.

1 Like

Hi Amy and welcome to NPN! :wave:

1 Like

Hi Paul, it’s very nice to meet you! Thank you for a kind and encouraging welcome. I look forward to learning and being part of this community!

1 Like

Hi David, it’s very nice to meet you! Thank you for your kind comment! This is one of my older photographs, but I’ve always liked the “sinuous” lines—thank you for that excellent descriptive word.

1 Like

Hi Kristen, nice to meet you! You’re right that I’m always looking for something interesting, and that interesting thing may or may not be beautiful in the normal sense of the word. I was very drawn to dead flowers for a while, for instance. :slight_smile: Thanks for your kind comment, and I’m looking forward to being part of this community!

Hi Tom, nice to meet you! Thanks for the warm welcome!

Welcome to NPN, Amy! This is a really great platform, and I have found the feedback thought provoking, and through the feedback I have tried things I otherwise probably would not have.

I love the patterns and shapes in this image, and wondered if those would show more in a black and white image. Just a thought :slightly_smiling_face:
Looking forward to more of your images!

2 Likes