Hi everyone, I’m Jens!

Hello everyone,
I’m based near Frankfurt a. M. in Germany and I’m happy to join the Nature Photographers Network finally.
I started taking photos in 2018 when we were preparing for a vacation in Costa Rica and it quickly became a passion. I love to enjoy nature outside and shooting landscapes, smaller scenes, woodlands, and the night sky.

Enjoy your Sunday, Jens.

3 Likes

Hello Jens, welcome to NPN. I know you’ll get a lot out of this community and look forward to seeing more of your work and contributions.

An excellent first image too. I love the soft luminosity of the waterfall. I live in the state of Oregon in the USA where we have many waterfalls. I love photographing them. This one is very different from what I see here.

Welcome again. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me via chat or message.

Cheers,
David

1 Like

Hi David,
thank you very much. I’m glad you like the image. That waterfall is located in Brazil (Chapada Diamantina).

Oh yes, I have seen many waterfall pictures from Oregon. It would be a paradise for me.
Maybe one day I’ll make it to the area.

Cheers Jens

2 Likes

Hi Jens! Welcome to the NPN community! This is a beautifully intimate waterfall scene. I really like how you narrowed the view to just the rocks at the bottom of the waterfall. Well done! I’m looking forward to more of your work and participation in the community.

1 Like

Welcome to NPN, Jens! What a nice first image you have chosen to introduce yourself. Although I was born and raised in Brazil, I have never been to Chapada Diamantina. Your photo really makes me want to go. Glad you have joined NPN.

1 Like

Hi Steven,
thank you very much for the warm welcome.

Hi Egídio,
thank you very much for your reply.
Brazil is an absolutely beautiful country. Can’t wait to return.
Cheers,
Jens

1 Like

Jens,

Welcome to NPN! So glad to have you here. We look forward to seeing your imagery and also for your participation in the forums and Critique galleries! Don’t be shy!

Lon

1 Like

Hi Lon,
thank you very much. I’m glad to be here.
Jens

Hi Jens, and welcome to NPN! This is a wonderful shot and I forward to seeing more of your work and to your input on other images. If you have any troubles or questions about the site don’t hesitate to reach out!

1 Like

Hi Tom,
thank you very much for your warm welcome.

Hi Jens, welcome to NPN! I am confident that you will enjoy this community of photographers. I know that I have over the years.

A very nice first shot you presented here. I love waterfalls. I don’t get much of a chance to photograph them, but looking at your photo and others of waterfalls just relaxes me as if I was there and could hear the water running.

I spent a few years in Bad Krueznach, Germany. I have some fond memories of my time there. I wish I could go back for a visit, and maybe some day I will.

Again, welcome to NPN. Looking forward to seeing more of your photos and your comments on others.

Shirley

1 Like

Hi Shirley,
thank you very much for the welcome.

I know Bad Kreuznach. It is not very far from where I live.

Wow, your Macro shots are awesome. I tried Macro several times, but I’m afraid I’m not patient enough. :wink:

Have a nice day.

Jens

1 Like

Hi Jens, and welcome to NPN. I joined here 2 years ago as a not-that-experienced hobby photographer and I must say that the NPN community has really helped me to grow and evolve as a photographer by both getting comments on my posted images and giving comments on other members images.

1 Like

Hi Ola,
thank you. NPN seems to be a really nice community.
I am happy to be part of it now.