Hi everyone. I'm John Scott

I’m a wildlife and nature photographer based in Bethesda, Maryland just across the line from Washington, DC. My primary interests are bird and wildlife photography though I began as a landscape photographer and am still enthused about that genre. I’m a Nikon shooter that recently completed conversion from DSLR to Mirrorless. One of my favorite recent images is of a Northern Harrier hunting in flight. The attached photo was taken with a Nikon Z9 with the Z800 f/6.3 PF.

1 Like

Welcome John. Major keeper right outta the chute! Around here, seeing a male northern harrier is a rare treat, and getting a fine capture of one is special, I think. Thanks for sharing. I too have recently become a mirrorless user with a Z9 and am enjoying its “inflight” capturing abilities. Looking forward to seeing more of your captures.

Welcome, John. I know you’ll get a lot out of this community and I look forward to seeing more of your work. This Shot is amazing.

Thank you Dave. Likewise, I’ll look forward to seeing your images.

Thank you David. Glad to be here. John

Hello John, I worked with a John Scott years ago in Telecom industry. This is a truly stunning image. The Avian photography is out of my wheelhouse but I can surely appreciate the art posted here in the Avian category.
Welcome to the NPN community… :cowboy_hat_face:

Hi John,
Welcome to NPN. That’s a really great first image.

I hope you will enjoy this friendly community as much as I do. Can’t wait to see more of your work.

Hi John,

Welcome to NPN!
What a terrific first post! :slight_smile: And what an amazing BG color to accent the Harrier!

Please don’t hesitate to ask for anything specific like processing techniques, technical or just help with site navigation, there are lots of very friendly folks here with loads of experience and we’re all more than happy to help. :slight_smile:

Welcome aboard! :slight_smile:

Hey John, welcome to the site! What a lovely image and the processing is stunning! That warm to cool transition in the background really sets this apart in my opinion. Happy to have you here and hope to see more of your work soon!

Hi John and welcome to the NPN community! That’s an excellent image of a male Northern Harrier! Excellent lighting, color and detail. Well done! I’m looking forward to seeing more of your work.