Hi everyone - pleased to join the group

Always enjoyed photography but now recently retired allows more time for learning and practice. Based in London UK, so a city not always the best for nature photography, but we try and get out as much as possible. There are some good wetland areas we can get to that usually have a bird focus for me but this natterjack toad was still out and about late Oct rather than hibernating. Global warming the rangers suspected was impacting on their behaviour. Looking forward to learning from everyone’s expertise and contributing to the group. Steve

2 Likes

Welcome to NPN, Stephen. I know you’ll find this a rewarding place. Awesome shot of the toad. Love the down low and personal feel.

Well done. Looking forward to more of your work.

1 Like

Welcome to NPN. Retirement is so great for photography. What a tremendous toad! Those eyes are really something. Hope you become a part of the community by sharing your work and commenting on others’. It’s how we roll.

1 Like

Hi Stephen! Welcome to NPN! This is a great community for photographers to learn and improve their art. Getting critiques of your work is a good way to improve, as are the many articles and webinars available here. Evaluating and critiquing other persons photographs is also a great way to learn and improve your own work.

I really like your introductory image. Great “in your face” point of view. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

1 Like

Welcome to NPN Stephen! Let me know if you have any questions.

1 Like

Hi Stephen and welcome to NPN! I love this shot of yours and I’m looking forward to seeing more of your images. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome to NON, Stephen. I hope you enjoy it here. Looking forward to seeing more of your images. Cool toad!

1 Like