Hi, i'm Ingemar

Hi

I’m a 45-year old enthusiastic close-up photographer from Sweden. I’ve been intrigued by bugs ever since I was a kid, and that is my main area of photographic interest, but I also do other forms of close-ups and the occational landscape I happen to stumple upon - I do really love the outdoors, with or without camera. I have been looking for an on-line site that focuses more on images, and not so much on the latest gear for a while and this seems to fit the bill nicely! Hope be able to grow and contribute to the growth of others, at least in the macro section. This little fellow caught my eye last fall and is one of my favourites from last year

Hi Ingermar, and welcome to NPN! I do hope you find this site to your satisfaction, as I have. It is a great place to grow in your photography, and at the same time, help others in their journey.

What a neat bug! I have never seen one like it. A neat thing on this site as well, is that there are some folks able to ID bugs. I am intrigued as well with little insects of all kinds, and try to capture an image, and so excited when I pull it up on the monitor and see the details, colors, etc., of that tiny little insect. Macro is my very favorite.

You captured some very nice details where it needed to be in this little guy. Love the hairs! I am looking forward to seeing more of your work, and your comments and critiques as well. Happy shooting!

Welcome to NPN, Ingermar. As @Shirley_Freeman has mentioned NPN is a great place to grow and learn. This is a great macro. Looks like this little fellow could use a hair cut! Love the color palette and the detail you have gotten in its face. Hope to see more of your bug photos.

1 Like

Greetings, Ingemar! NPN is a wonderful site to get quality feedback on your work. Your bug here is intriguing. I like your use us shallow dof to highlight its face.